Why you should support the #StopBrexit #GreatNorthernMarch
Join us in Leeds on Saturday 24 March 2018 for the most important march the North of England has ever seen!
The #StopBrexit #GreatNorthernMarch is a show of unity from people all over the North of England and beyond, who believe that the UK should remain a member of the European Union.
The march will assemble from 11 a.m. at The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 3AA. We will publish the route and other updates on our website: www.stopbrexitmarch.com.
Why Are We Marching?
Leaving the EU will not bring any benefits to the North of England. On the contrary, it can only make things worse.
Almost 2 years after the referendum in 2016, we have all learnt that the European Union is not the cause of our problems, but that neglect by our national government in London is the real reason the North is so often left behind.
- Membership of the Single Market and Customs’ Union is vital for the employers in our region. The government’s own studies show that no form of Brexit will benefit us, while the Hard Brexit being advocated by some politicians is a certain path to ruin.
- Experience has also shown us that the European Union is a more reliable provider of support for the regions than the politicians in Westminster - providing a consistent supply of funding for important projects, such as the rebuilding of city centres, our transport and communications infrastructure, to ensure that our taxes are spent on things that benefit us rather than vanity projects in the South.
The people of the North, as well as the rest of the UK, are realising this, but with just over a year to go until the dreaded Brexit date, it is important to mobilise the people now.
So – no matter where you come from - join us for the #StopBrexit #GreatNorthernMarch on March 24 and please give generously to this crowdfunder to make sure it can go ahead.
How Much Money Do We Need To Raise?
This crowdfunder seeks to raise a total of £25,500 to cover the cost of organising the #GreatNorthernMarch. We only have 5 weeks to raise this sum, so please donate now.
How Will The Money Be Used?
Like our previous march at the Conservative Party Conference in Manchester, the #StopBrexit #GreatNorthernMarch is being organised by volunteers, and all funds raised will be spent on the organisation and promotion of the march. Our budget is made up as follows:-
- £7021 for advertising
- £3200 for a Mobile stage, PA and generator
- £2500 for Public Liability Insurance
- £2112 for a Road Management company (precondition set by Leeds City Council)
- £2289 total for all other miscellaneous march organisation costs
- Fees charged by Crowdpac for using this platform (5% of each donation).
The #StopBrexit #GreatNorthernMarch is being hosted by Leeds for Europe in conjunction with Stop Brexit Ltd, a pressure group specialising in the organisation of large scale events for the Remain Movement.
Leeds for Europe is a campaigning organisation founded in 2017 and now has hundreds of supporters across Yorkshire and others worldwide. It is not connected to any political parties, but is proud to be affiliated to both the European Movement and Britain for Europe. For more info, see: www.leedsforeurope.org.
Stop Brexit Ltd was established in July 2017, with the sole aim of preventing the UK from leaving the EU. Registered as a not for profit company limited by guarantee, it has been set up by a diverse range of ordinary people from across the grassroots Remain Movement who are united in the firm belief that Brexit can and must be stopped.
This crowdfunder is being run by Stop Brexit Ltd. Having successfully organised the #StopBrexit Manchester march at the Conservative Party Conference, we are confident that this march will be an equal success. For further information please refer to our annual report, published at on our website: www.stopbrexitmarch.com
Support this crowdfunder! Let’s show the world that the ‘will of the people’ has changed and that the North is leading the charge against Brexit!
16 Feb 2018
Updates from the #StopBrexit #GreatNorthernMarch
As this fundraising campaign proceeds, you’ll see updates appearing here.