We’re looking for a front-end developer who loves HTML, CSS, and JS.
Crowdpac’s mission is to give politics back to people - to make it easier for citizens to learn about politicians, and to find and support political candidates that match their priorities and beliefs. We want to help end the stranglehold of big money donors and special interests on the political system and to help create a more representative democracy. Crowdpac is independent, non-partisan, and for-profit.
- Work closely with design/dev teams to continue to build out the Crowdpac website
- Add interactive HTML components with an emphasis on speed
- Ensure proper display and functionality of websites across browsers and devices
- Collaborate with your team and share knowledge
- 4+ years of experience
- HTML5 (with a mobile-first mindset), CSS3 (including OOCSS), & JS (including jQuery)
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor (we currently use LESS)
- Experience with a frontend framework (we use Bootstrap)
- Experience with a version control system (we use Git)
- Experience with a build system (we use Gulp)
- In-depth understanding of browser differences and bugs
- Familiarity with Google Apps and other remote collaboration tools
- Clear communication skills
- An eye for user experience design
Nice to haves
- Experience with React
- Experience with PHP (we use the Laravel framework)
- Experience with D3
VP OF PRODUCT
We are looking for a VP of Product with a strong interest and capabilities in developing users and monetizing traffic. This product development position is a very senior role at Crowdpac with considerable decision making responsibilities. Our ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills as well as independent self direction, this coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You should be able to provide both highly creative ideas to a marketing engagement role. You will be in charge of maximizing revenue and serving our users needs through informed, data-driven decisions.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master's degree. Our preferred disciplines would be (but are not limited to) Computer Science coupled with an MBA.
- Prior experience in growing an audience, preferably consumer internet or online content, including online publications, online shopping,
- Prior experience monetizing consumer web traffic is a must
- Strong working knowledge of SEO and social media tools that drive user acquisition
- Passion for politics
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The data science team applies cutting-edge algorithms to what candidates say, how they vote, and how they network and fundraise to measure their positions and priorities. In 2016 our mission is to expand our coverage to more locations and new forms of information.
We are a looking for an engineer who is eager to play a crucial role for a pivotal team.
As a member of the data science team you will:
- Re-architect our data science pipeline to take advantage of contemporary distributed computing and storage technologies
- Contribute to our transition from a relational database system to a distributed data system
- Update and harden research code to create a production-grade system
Required qualifications include:
- BS/BA in computer science or a related discipline (e.g. Information Science), or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of computer science and data architecture fundamentals and best practices
- Experience with distributed computing and data storage environment (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, etc)
- Advanced skills in Python
- 1+ years of professional experience working with large real-world data sets
- Startup energy and enthusiasm
Preferred qualifications include:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience designing non-real time Big Data processing pipelines
- Familiarity with common statistical models and algorithms and the R language
- Interest in politics and social policy
Apply at: email@example.com